We are pleased to inform you of the launch of our new product; “STINE BROWN RICE FLOUR”.
Brown rice is a highly nutritious food. It is a whole grain that is relatively low in calories (216 calories per cup), high in fiber, gluten-free and can be incorporated into a variety of dishes. The Note that brown rice contains no trans-fat or cholesterol. It has only trace amounts of fat and sodium.
The health benefits of brown rice are largely due to it being a whole grain.
The fiber in brown rice helps lower cholesterol, moves waste through the digestive tract, promotes fullness, and may help prevent the formation of blood clots.
Brown rice is considered a low “glycemic index” food. The glycemic index (GI) refers to how quickly and how much a food raises a person’s blood sugar after eating. Low-GI foods have a rating of 55 or less; the average GI for brown rice is 55. White rice has an average GI of 64, making it a medium-GI food. Previous research has shown a link between a high-GI diet and type 2 diabetes.
What’s more, some of the phytochemicals and minerals found in whole grains may be associated with a lower risk of certain cancers. As a part of an overall healthy diet, whole grains may help improve cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes, according to the AHA.
The following nutrients are found in whole grains, according to the AHA:
- B vitamins, which are involved in many biological functions;
- Folate (folic acid) a B vitamin that helps the body form new cells and can prevent certain birth defects;
- Iron, a mineral that the body uses to carry oxygen in the blood;
- Magnesium, a mineral that is involved in more than 300 biological functions;
- Selenium, a mineral involved the immune system and regulating the thyroid gland.
You can get Stine Brown Rice Flour at any of our sales outlets.